Pages: 432
Genre: Romance
I started reading this on my week off in the summer and got to the last 50 pages and just had a hard time going the rest of the way. Vanity's main theme of the same title, gets it from the antagonist Philip. At a young age, Cullum is blamed for his elder brother's death by his twin brother Philip, eventually flees their home and becomes a famously feared highway man until he can get his revenge. His leading lady, Octavia, had her estate swindled away under her father's nose by greedy investment schemes. Cullum uses this to entwine Octavia in his plan--she will seduce Philip to obtain his family signet ring while he swindles the investors. She gets her estate back, he gets his his revenge.Of course the plan goes awry, and they fall for each other. He's definitely got the bad boy thing, and she's got a rebellious streak for a lady. Enough said.
Grade: C
I'm still mad I haven't read a good Jane Feather novel since "Virtue," GAH. I thought a lot felt forced drama, like Feather was trying to hard to make dialogue or a scene happen a certain way. PROBABLY why I couldn't bring myself to finish the last chapters. Bleh. Big sign it ain't so goood.
+Misunderstood bad boy, aw
-Convient situations, over and over and... really?
+somewhat entertaining? Meh
-somewhat entertaining.
Probably could pass, go for Virtue instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment